The Ultimate Australia High Performance Coach Course is for coaches working with elite Ultimate athletes and teams.
This course features a blended approach to learning, including online and face-to-face components.
Course under construction (as at March 2021)
This course is currently under construction. Online modules will be made available here as they are developed. Once the full course is available, credit will be given to coaches who have already completed online modules (completion timeframes will apply as per the UA Coaching Framework).
To access these modules – you must have completed the following pre-requisite requirements:
– Advanced Coach Accreditation (Level 3) or Recognition of Current Competency
– Minimum 2 years experience and a minimum of 50 hours of coaching AFTER completion of Advanced Coach course. Download UA Coaching Logbook.
– Have coached for a minimum three of the last five years at the following levels:
*Any Australian representative team competing at a WFDF Championship event
*AUC/AMUC Division 1 level
To achieve your UA High Performance Coach qualification, you must complete:
– All modules (all with online components)
– Sport Integrity Australia – Ethical Decision Making – Starter Course
Participant’s must be at least 18 years old to become accredited.
The full Accreditation Requirements can be found on the AFDA website.
– At the end of each module there is a short quiz to test understanding
– Short and long answer questions will be assessed via a Coach Journal
– At the end of the course there is a quiz to test understanding
– Participants can attempt quizzes and submission of the Coach Journal as many times as necessary
– Participants must achieve a 100% mark on each quiz to receive their certificate.
Assessment (Face to Face):
– Presentation of research on coach area of interest
– Training session assessment
– Match day assessment
This certificate is valid for 4 years from the date of issue.
Review the AFDA Coach Program Updating Policy for information on how to update your qualification.
– It is recommended that prospective coaches seek the assistance of a mentor coach in improving their coaching skills.
– Mentors will receive credit towards their updating requirements.
Participant’s progress through the online ten modules can be saved to be continued at a later date.
Once the online modules are complete – the coach will attend 2x weekend Face to Face courses to complete their UA High Performance Coach qualification.