The Ultimate Australia (UA) Community Coach Course is an online course that is for everyone coaching beginner Ultimate players.
To achieve your UA Community Coach Certificate, you must complete (in any order):
– Six online modules and final quiz (Approx. 2 hours)
– WFDF Rules Accreditation – Standard (or higher qualification). (Approx. 10 mins)
– ASC Community Coaching General Principles. (Register as a Flying Disc Coach. Approx. 2.5 hours)
– Play by the Rules – Child Protection Online Course. (Approx. 1 hour)
Note: You will need to upload your certificates for each of these co-requisite requirements, in Module 7 of this online course.
Participant’s must be at least 15 years old to become accredited.
The full Accreditation Requirements can be found on the AFDA website.
– At the end of each module there is a short quiz to test understanding.
– At the end of the course there is a quiz to test understanding
– Participants can attempt these quizzes as many times as necessary.
– Participants must achieve a 100% mark on each quiz to receive their certificate.
Updating and Progressing
– Your UA Level 1 – Community Coach Course certificate is valid for 4 years from the date of issue.
– Review the UA Coach Program Updating Policy for information on how to update your qualification.
– A pre-requisite requirement for the UA Level 2 – Development Coach Course is to record 20 practical coaching hours in the UA Coaching Logbook.
Your progress through the six modules can be saved to be continued at a later date.
This course is valued at $37.99 but is currently being provided to community coaches free of charge.
It is not compulsory to purchase a textbook for this course. However, the textbook that is recommended to accompany this course is Essential Ultimate, by Michael Baccarini and Tiina Booth.